Another Athena postcard, this one had a model against a textured background. I’ve replaced the background with tissue paper and merged the model with her watercoloured equivalent.
Glitter pen replaces the marble plinth. I still marvel at the tackiness of Athena photography, but mourn it’s passing as they make for such great subjects to splice and dice!
Join the discussion 4 Comments
Welcome back – interesting the use of tissue paper. I like that.
I guess there should be two but right now the second image doesn’t show – just a sort of link.
How strange, it’s working everywhere I’ve tried it. Anyway, it’s good to be back. This took a Titanic effort to get out. With the initial break for holiday followed by our troublesome tenant hunting and looking after the little one, things have been hectic. This took about 4 days to put together, piece by piece, stage by stage, but hopefully things will settle down
The main thing is to enjoy it! I can see the second image now – maybe just a temporary glitch. The tissue paper is effective. I used some and painted over it at art class the other day – doing feathers of course but angel’s wings not birds that time.
Looks great, like the contrasting colours and what a shame about Athena, maybe it’s time they came back!