Originally number 9/365 in the aborted 365 started last year by Elena, this piece was of a flower that neither of us could actually identify. After initially beginning an exact replica from the right hand side of the paper, I realised that the flower head looked like a daffodil, so I changed the head of the rightmost flower to a daffodil and it seemed to work. The only problem was that the original had spade type leaves rather than long ones so as I began to add these as I made my way left, changing all the heads to daffodils on the way too.
This left the issue of how to integrate the leaves in the most natural way, and I think I got lucky here as I happened to make the long leaves short enough to get away with a zigzag cut.
Finished in watercolours with fineliner. Original was also in fineliner and watercolour
Join the discussion One Comment
Nice ones – esp. like the green watercolour trail on the stalk of the first one.